Wow, what an awesome first week of first grade! I am so honored to be your child's first grade teacher. The students seem to have made a smooth transition to first grade. They have been fabulous this week. I am enjoying their smiles and hugs!
We spent a lot of time learning about rules, schedules, and each other! I have been doing some informal and formal reading assessments with students as we are about to begin our first reading unit next week.
We will spend a little time reviewing in the beginning. Then, the first grade pace will pick up rather quickly. Please make sure students get plenty of rest for the upcoming week. Your child may be somewhat tired at the end of the day, but he/she will adapt very quickly.
Looking ahead to next week, we will be learning about:
Reading - Short a
English - Classification
Math - Addition to 6
Social Studies - Rules
Bible - Creation - Verse Genesis 1:1
Look for the red folder to come home on Monday which will have the homework paper for next week.
Have a blessed weekend with your precious angels!
S. Etheredge