Yeah! We made it! The first full week of school was great. Hopefully, students are getting into the routine. We had an exciting week. Students visited all specialist including music, art, library, and science lab. We are still making adjustments to our class schedule but students will visit the library every Wednesday. Therefore, please be sure that your child returns his/her library book by Wednesday every week so another book can be checked out.
Students' computer time will be integrated into class time. This week we visited the MAC BOOK room and every student was introduced to the laptops. The students were excited to use the computers to take their first AR test this year. They did fabulous!
We have many students taking AR tests already. I encourage students to read the book one time aloud to a parent and then again to themselves before taking the test. The points are tallied by the computer and each child has an on-going account. I am resending the pamphlet from Mrs. Osmer in Monday's folder for you to sign up for AR Home Connect to access your child's AR account from home. I will send home their user name and password Monday in case they have forgotten. This will notify you when your child takes an AR test.
We will be taking the STAR test next week. After taking this test, I will be assigning book levels to help students check out books according to their reading level. I will send home the report the following week.
Next week we will be learning about:
Reading - short e, consonants n,f,p
Math - Addition to 10
English - Following directions
Social Studies - My School
Bible - Creation (Sky, Plants, Sun, Moon and Stars)
Verse - Genesis 1:31
We will participate in our first chapel Thursday! Students are going to love it.
Have a fabulous weekend!
Blessings!